SeaFair Pirates + Make a Wish Foundation | Seattle Event Photographers |

Living on Alki beach, Ali and I have accepted the fact that surprising and ridiculously random things will be happening in our day-to-day life, and today was no exception. While adventuring around the beach with Ali’s mom (in town for a quick getaway from the Phoenix heat) we noticed a stage and sound system being set up, as well as…. pirates.

The SeaFair Pirates landing is happening on the beach tomorrow (and I will be at work…boo), and a quick google search will tell you all about this cool event, but that’s tomorrow. So why were the pirates here tonight?

After some quick research we found out that the Make*A*Wish foundation had partnered with the SeaFair Pirates (this is really an organization) to give a kid (Joseph) HIS wish: to be a SeaFair pirate!!!

Well sirens sound, the Moby Duck rolled up Alki Ave full of pirates, a small battle followed, with new Capt. Joe capturing the leader of the army. He then found some treasure buried on the beach, there was much “yo-ho”ing and awards and the like were given to the new Captain.

(apparently this is the first time a ‘civilian’ has been given Captainship over the Seafair Pirates, and another quick google search will show you how awesome of a gig that is.)

I happened to have my camera on me when this little fiesta went down. Go figure. Tons of fun after the jump.

By the way: Make*A*Wish is an AWESOME organization, and while I know everyone is asking for your money right now, I’d urge you to consider a small $5 donation. Just text “Pirate” (no quotes) to 90999 and they’ll tack $5 to your phone bill. That simple. And no, I am in no way, shape or form affiliated with the Pirates OR Make*A*Wish.

Posted in: Events

Comments closed

7 Comments

1. Paula
    Posted July 9, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

Love these pics!

2. The Arin
    Posted July 11, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

Make sure you send these pics to them!!

Especially the last one of Cap’n Joe!

So awesome that you caught his essence.

3. Chuck Marcouiller
    Posted July 12, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

As one of the pirates, thank you for taking these. They look great.

• Posted July 12, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Permalink

It was our pleasure! Thanks for looking, Chuck!

4. Posted July 15, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

JayLee,
    During my career I have had the pleasure of meeting many talented photographers. It takes a special passion to capture the passion in someone else. Congrats you rank up there with some pretty good ones.
    If you would care to we would lovea disk. I will that it makes its way to our picture page on the pirates website. with credits to you.
    Thanks for a job well done
    Keelhaul

5. Posted July 15, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

I was Captain of the Seafair Pirates for 2009-2010. That night was my last official duty as Captain. What a special lad and a grand way to go out. Awesome photos…thank you!

Barnacle
    Captain Kidd 09-10

6. Posted July 16, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Ahoy to Ye…!!! …and thanks fer posting the pics of “Happy Joe Rackham”…!!!

Having the special opportunity to make a difference in a young life is what originally brought me to the Seafair Pirates…and keeps me there today…

Thanks fer capturing the happiness on the face of this young Lad…!!!

In Yer Service…