We knew Alida+Will were gonna thow a kickass, unique wedding when we met up with them for an engagement session at Top Pot Donuts, but we had no idea just how huge their awesomeness could get.
A list, in no particular order:
* Alida made all the bouquets and boutonnieres out of sheet music.
* Will’s face during the first look. Gaaaaahhh.
* They held a toast in the middle of their ceremony. No, not with booze (that’ll come later), but donut holes hidden in small boxes given out to their guests beforehand.
* They forwent the candle for their unity ceremony, instead opting for two bottles of not-yet-aged whisky from the lovely folks at Woodinville Whiskey Co. A+W poured both bottles into a tiny barrel, meant to age the delicious stuff for 6 months, after which they’ll rebottle and share together on their anniversary.
* A ring warming ceremony (which is something we are LOVING seeing this year) that had so many participants it pushed the ceremony well into the dark hours.
* Their favorite taco truck catered the reception.
* Their running bibs served as table numbers.
* Rootbeer floats late in the reception, featuring local brewery Snoqualmie Falls‘ delicious soda.
And while that sounds like a lot of random stuff, the coolest part of the day was that each one of these little things was so inherently THEM. They’ve challenged each other through marathons and triathlons, celebrated said triumphs with whiskey and donuts (yup!) and are so much fun that all the funky awesome aspects of the day fit them perfectly. Alright, fine, we’ll shut up and let you look at the photos. Congrats, you guys. //J+A
Woo-Hoo! You’re here! That means you grabbed one our our handy-dandy little blue flyers and scanned the super-secret code!
After all of that moseying at the wedding show and meeting super cool people, we are happy to see you connected with us and that you are interested in finding out more about our work!
Here are a few links where you can find answers to basic questions, our business practices, and pricing. Get to know more about our 4-person team on the main page under “Who We Are”. Special offers are listed below!!
In 2013, JayLee grew from a husband-and-wife team to a four-person team so that we could begin taking on even more awesome weddings. Jeni quickly became an integral part of JayLee and it was super fun watching her grow as a photographer as she stepped into the position of 2nd shooter. We are sad to see Jeni go, but are so happy for her as she moves on to other goals and dreams.
Here is a look back at a few of the beautiful photos Jeni took during her time with us. Best of luck, Jeni! //Josh, Ali, and Sean
(We will be introducing our new 2nd shooter, Whitney, on the blog and website soon!)
A wedding and two family sessions in Phoenix. A Birth and an Engagement Session in Seattle. It’s been a busy week….a special week… the kind of week that reminded us just how awesome it is to document so many important moments in people’s lives.
Here is a quick teaser to show you what we’ve been up to. Check back…we will have more to share soon! //Josh + Ali
Little highlights of our week:
-Lunch at Portage Bay Cafe (yum) with some wonderful clients-turned-friends who were in town wedding planning (they will be our first wedding of the season)!
-Editing some pretty rockin’ engagement sessions. Like us on Facebook to see sneak peaks.
-Coming up with new packaging for our 2012-2013 clients (you guys should be excited…it’s kind of great).
For the Mad Men Season 5 Premiere, we had our own mini-party. We enjoyed some era-appropriate hors d’oeuvres while channeling Don‘s classic look, and Betty‘s get-up from the Italy episode. We don’t mess around. Or more accurately, we do mess around…in full-costume…at home…because that’s totally normal.
What should you look for in a photographer? How do you choose? If you are starting from square one and just got engaged, you are very likely drowning in a sea of vendor choices.
It doesn’t matter whether you throw on a wedding dress or a pair of pants and elope, go nontraditional, sneak to the courthouse, plan a small destination wedding or an extravagant affair for everyone you have ever known to attend. What matters are the memories created the day that you say “I Do”. It is for that reason we believe photography is one of the most important things to factor into your budget: It is how you will remember this important time in your life later on, and how you will share it with those you care about. We hope that you will choose to work with us if it’s the right fit for you, but overall we really hope that this list helps you find what you’re looking for.
Here are our most frequently asked questions. This is generally what we go over in a client meeting, but wanted to make it available here for you too!
Where are you located and do you travel?
We are based out of Seattle, WA and often shoot in Phoenix, AZ. The wedding seasons are opposite of one another, so ideally we will be in both places half of the year. We love to travel for weddings. Contact us and let’s see what we can figure out! (We do charge for travel and lodging outside of the Puget Sound area).
How do we get the ball rolling if we are interested in your services?
E-mail us (email@example.com), or contact us through our client inquiry form. Let us know when your wedding date is to make sure we still have it available. We will respond within a day’s time and answer any questions you may have. If you are interested, we will suggest meeting in person for coffee or on Skype to get to know you better and share some albums with you. For weddings, we are very busy during August and September so those dates fill up fast.
We wanted to share with you a little bit more about our business practices and beliefs. If you are looking for answers to general questions about our pricing, travel policy, etc. please view our Q & A.
1. We believe that wedded bliss outweighs the importance of the wedding day. That said, we genuinely love weddings because of what they really stand for. Yes, your wedding should be awesome, but your marriage is what it’s all about!
2. We are accepting, friendly, welcoming, and non-prejudicial whether it comes to sexual orientation, race, appearance, affiliation, and so on. It actually bothers us that we even have to put this in here, but sadly not everyone works or lives under this belief. We want you to feel comfortable with us. We give you the opportunity to meet us to see if we “click” but other than that, we love you already! Your wedding is your wedding. It’s not about us, it’s about you. Are you eloping? Having a destination wedding? Having a small wedding? Going to a courthouse? Doing a huge, elaborate party? We take photos that are unique to your personality and capture your unique moments.
Man, we’ve been in the editing trenches something fierce the last three weeks, so be ready for an obnoxious amount of entries and teasers with all the goodness that’s been in front of our cameras as of late. While we take a breather today check out these shots from our October/November shoots that don’t star our fantastic clients (don’t worry…those posts are coming soon).
It’s a cold one in Seattle today, so grab some hot chocolate (Ali’s favorite thing of the moment), put on some a Capella music (Josh’s favorite thing of the moment) and enjoy.